Condor Joystick/Rudder

Old January 7th 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default Condor Joystick/Rudder

As much as it pains me to part with my vintage Thrustmaster F16 FLCS,
throttle, and rudders, I think it's time to move into the 21st century and
get a USB setup. What is the current consensus on what joystick/rudder
combo to go with??

Thanks

Pete
Old January 7th 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terence Wilson[_2_]

Saitek yoke and rudder. Works well in Condor, FS9, FSX, X-Plane. I've had mine for 3 years are so and use it a lot. No issues.
Old January 8th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Peter,

I sell the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and CH Pro Pedals. Customers
seem very happy with them. I use them and I'm happy with them.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 8th 13, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Jan 7, 7:31*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Peter,

I sell the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and CH Pro Pedals. *Customers
seem very happy with them. *I use them and I'm happy with them.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Peter von Tresckow" *wrote in ...

As much as it pains me to part with my vintage Thrustmaster F16 FLCS,
throttle, and rudders, I think it's time to move into the 21st century and
get a USB setup. What is the current consensus on what joystick/rudder
combo to go with??

Thanks

Pete

I have the same as Paul; happy with both. The stick isn't force
feedback, if that is important to you.

Dan
Old January 8th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

On Monday, January 7, 2013 6:51:06 PM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Jan 7, 7:31*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi Peter,

I sell the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and CH Pro Pedals. *Customers

seem very happy with them. *I use them and I'm happy with them.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Peter von Tresckow" *wrote in ...

As much as it pains me to part with my vintage Thrustmaster F16 FLCS,

throttle, and rudders, I think it's time to move into the 21st century and

get a USB setup. What is the current consensus on what joystick/rudder

combo to go with??

Thanks

Pete

I have the same as Paul; happy with both. The stick isn't force

feedback, if that is important to you.

Dan

I've been using the Logitech "Extreme 3D Pro" for several years (Since I found it in a discount bin for $15.) I decided pedals were too much hassle so I learned to use the twist grip for rudder. This works so well (for me) that I'm sometimes discomfited by simulators with a pedal set-up.
Old January 8th 13, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin

Pete,

I use a Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback stick and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder
Pedals. The Sidewinder has been the best stick I have ever used and gives
the most "feel" to the glider. They haven't been made in almost 10 years,
but are pretty cheap on Ebay.

Daniel Sazhin

Old January 8th 13, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

On Monday, January 7, 2013 4:35:24 PM UTC-5, vontresc wrote:
As much as it pains me to part with my vintage Thrustmaster F16 FLCS,

throttle, and rudders, I think it's time to move into the 21st century and

get a USB setup. What is the current consensus on what joystick/rudder

combo to go with??

Thanks

Pete

I have a Saitek Cyborg X which is nice because it has two throttle levers on the left side. One I assign as trim and the other for spoilers. It's been working great till last month, one of the throttles stopped working. Aaron

Old January 8th 13, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

I use a Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback stick and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder
Pedals. The Sidewinder has been the best stick I have ever used and gives
the most "feel" to the glider. They haven't been made in almost 10 years,
but are pretty cheap on Ebay.

Daniel Sazhin

Daniel,
What does Force Feeback mean? Does it have little motors inside the
stick?
Is this feature supported by Condor?
Old January 8th 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:01:39 PM UTC-5, soartech wrote:
I use a Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback stick and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

Pedals. The Sidewinder has been the best stick I have ever used and gives

the most "feel" to the glider. They haven't been made in almost 10 years,

but are pretty cheap on Ebay.

Daniel Sazhin

Daniel,

What does Force Feeback mean? Does it have little motors inside the

stick?

Is this feature supported by Condor?

Yes and yes. Force feedback tries to make the stick respond to stick forces in the plane. It is usually pretty good, however I have not found it to really make a huge difference. I prefer the Saitek X-52 Pro because it is very smooth and has a good bit more stick travel (Vs. the Logitech joystick) which makes it feel more precise to me. Try some out and find what you think feels right and remember to join us on US Nightly Soaring every day (except Monday) at 9PM eastern. http://gliderracing.com/pub/

JP