iPaq screen reflections - anyone really happy with their solution?

Old December 16th 03, 01:24 PM
Richard Pfiffner

John

A button on the front of the Ipaq can be assigned to 1 Map, this will turn
the terrain on and off and give you the terrain or the white screen.
Menu - edit - touch button on the bottom of the screen - select 1 Map from
the Button function drop down menu.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

"JohnD" wrote in message
om...
I 'turn off the color' as a function of the Winpilot program. I don't
remember exactly but I think it is the topographic map display in one
of the setup windows. This feature sounded great when I bought
Winpilot Pro but really isn't necessary if I keep my eyes out of the
cockpit. Viewing the display is significantly improved in B/W vs.
Color.

In regards to comments by others: I do not understand why people are
so concerned about lookout when using a PDA. For me it is a lot easier
to use a PDA than a sectional for most common navigational purposes.

To me is seems all a matter of preparation no matter what you are
using in regards to outside the cockpit awareness. If you are learning
to use one or the other in the air you will not be as aware as you
should be.

Know your PDA's funcionality BEFORE you fly.

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi,

I do finally have a few TEKK cradles for older iPAQs (3100, 3600, 3700).

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Bob Gibbons" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:03:30 -0500, Tony Verhulst
wrote:
... text deleted ...

Apparently, then, there is more than a little variability in the

Mertins
mounts - quality wise. I was completely satisfied with the fit and
finish of the one I received.

Tony

Same here, I have been very satisified using my Mertins mount for the
past 6 months with my IPAQ 3635. At least at the time I was looking,
the TEKK mounts were not available for the older IPAQ's.

Bob

Old December 17th 03, 08:59 AM
K.P. Termaat

Hi John,

I use an iPaq 3950 and run WinPilot AV on it. The way I use to improve
readebility of the iPaq is to set a higher contrast and avoid that all of
the landscape gets a color assigned.
With WinPilot running go to 'menu' then 'setting2' and mark elevations to
on. Then press 'edit'. Set Floor level to e.g +1, Color shift to e.g -1 and
Contrast to x2.
I use these settings with good results.
Did not install yet the anti glare film, but better do that I guess.

Karel, NL

"JohnD" schreef in bericht

Old December 17th 03, 01:26 PM
Richard Pfiffner

Karel

Make sure you get the Clear Touch or Brando (In Europe) Brand Screen
Protectors. The tipical ones you buy in Office Depot etc. do not work.

www.craggyaero.com in the US
http://www.crabb.biz/vl.htm in Europe

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old December 17th 03, 02:51 PM
K.P. Termaat

Thanks Richard. I have some "Clear Touch" protectors of BoxWave available
(shipped over from the US at about 9$9,- each). I am not sure this is the
right stuff though.
B.t.w. I use the KEIM iPaq mount in our new Ventus. Quite expensive but high
quality. Works great.

Karel, NL
http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9

"Richard Pfiffner" schreef in bericht
Karel

Make sure you get the Clear Touch or Brando (In Europe) Brand Screen
Protectors. The tipical ones you buy in Office Depot etc. do not work.

www.craggyaero.com in the US
http://www.crabb.biz/vl.htm in Europe

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old December 19th 03, 05:03 PM
JohnD

I'm glad I got into this thread. Three good tips. Thanks!