Question on Baron 58 prop control

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Question on Baron 58 prop control

On the real Baron 58, is there any forward thrust at all with the
props feathered (or set to zero)? I have a slider set to the prop
controls and if I set it to zero the plane will still drift forward
slowly as I advance the throttles.

I'm not clear on exactly what 0% does on the prop control. I notice
that it can actually go into negative percentages, but I have no idea
what that actually does to the props. Does anyone know? Does 0%
actually mean that the prop is feathered? I can see the prop pitch
change out the window, so it seems like it does (the blades are almost
parallel to the wind with props set to zero).

Also, can the props be feathered on a running engine, or is that not a
good thing?

If you are wondering how I got into this, I feathered the props after
simulating a dual engine failure, and forgot to set them back the next
time I started up and taxied out. I noticed the aircraft was
extremely sluggish until it dawned on me that I had not reset the prop
controls.