"High Temp" Tape?

Old April 10th 11, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blue Whale

Default "High Temp" Tape?

Is there a tape out there for sealing gaps on metal sailplanes that
doesn't turn into a sticky mess after exposure to the sun and heat?
Would be nice to have a somewhat permanent solution that only needs to
be replaced a few times a year on gliders that sit outside assembled
for the season.
Old April 10th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_28_]

There are high temp tapes available at Home Depot. They're not very
attractive but probably functional. I used muffler tape to do a repair
on my cars plastic heater housing and that has stuck pretty well. You
get the added bonus of highly reflective tape as an anti-collision
marker ;-)
Old April 10th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I sell a lot of Bowlus tape (and some 3M tape) to glider pilots - and to
owners of light-sport aircraft. It is used in some very hot locations. I
haven't heard any complaints about it not holding up in hot whether. You
can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/bowlus.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/mmm.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/tape.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 11th 11, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 10, 9:21*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I sell a lot of Bowlus tape (and some 3M tape) to glider pilots - and to
owners of light-sport aircraft. *It is used in some very hot locations. *I
haven't heard any complaints about it not holding up in hot whether. *You
can see details hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/bowlu...g.com/tape.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Blue Whale" wrote in message

Is there a tape out there for sealing gaps on metal sailplanes that
doesn't turn into a sticky mess after exposure to the sun and heat?
Would be nice to have a somewhat permanent solution that only needs to
be replaced a few times a year on gliders that sit outside assembled
for the season.- Hide quoted text -

I fly out of Jean, NV. It does indeed get pretty hot here. One of our
members uses the Bowlus tape on his 1-35 'Iron Butterfly'. This
glider spends 365 days a year tied out in the weather, and the Bowlus
tape is the least problematic we've found so far. At that, I usually
help remove it, and it takes around 45 minutes with 3M General
Adhesive Cleaner and a rag to get all the old tape and residue off,
before re-taping. I also use the Bowlus tape for my pampered glass
ship that almost never gets tied out. The Bowlus has less tendency to
'creep' in hot conditions than any other tape I've tried, and I've
tried many types.
Old April 12th 11, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 11, 10:58*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:21*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

I sell a lot of Bowlus tape (and some 3M tape) to glider pilots - and to
owners of light-sport aircraft. *It is used in some very hot locations. *I
haven't heard any complaints about it not holding up in hot whether. *You
can see details hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/bowlu...ulus-soaring.c...

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Blue Whale" wrote in message

[...]

No interest, just a good product for removing tape and other residues.

http://www.goofoffstainremover.com/w...n/tape-residue

Frank Whiteley