Procedure for calculating weight and balance

Old January 8th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Procedure for calculating weight and balance

Mxsmanic wrote:

Newps writes:

What's the neutral position of a Cub or Cessna 180?

I don't know. I've never flown anything that tiny.

Of course. Go back to being a hermit.
Old January 8th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Kev writes:

In this case, you really need to listen to what Thomas and others are
saying. There is no neutral position. There is just a natural
position for a certain flight regime.

The neutral position for trim tabs is the position in which the trim
tabs are aligned with the control surface. The neutral position for
control surfaces is the position in which they are aligned with the
surfaces to which they are attached (wings or stabilizers).

A crowd is standing around at the airport. A Piper Pathfinder start's
circling overhead.

Man *1: "Who's that? What are they doing up there?"

Mary: "Why, that's Jay! What the heck is he doing - he's supposed to be
fixing the toilets that were clogged with shampoo bottles."

The Pathfinder starts to nose down and pick up speed

rooorrrrrRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr (That sound that airplanes in the
movies make when it is diving out of control - getting louder)

Mary Shouting: "JAY! JAY! What are you doiing!!!?"

(Sound gets louder and higher in pitch - the Pathfinder keeps coming down
and speeding up)

Crowd shouting: "PULL UP! PULL UP!" Mary turns away and covers here eyes

The Mighty Grape comes roaring around the hanger screeches to a halt - Jay
jumps out.

Mary: "Jay - What's going on? Who is flying our airplane?

Jay: "It's Anthony - he's turned into a maniac! He came up to me and said he
didn't have any money to fill the tank in the courtesy van, but he had to
prove his theory about the neutral point for the trim! He knocked me out and
tied me to the Kiwi and took off in Atlas! He said he was going to show us
all!"

Mary: "Kiwi? You were supposed to be fixing toilets"

Crowd still shouting: "PULL UP! PULL UP!" Airplane diving noise getting
louder

Cockpit Camera: Anthony is unconscious - eyes closed behind the goggles.
Silk scarf hanging down limply"

Geoff (Played by Arnold Schwarzenegger): "Oh No! I vas afraid of dis - he
doesn't know dat John Thorp [vit no "e", G.T.] designed das sherokee vhit
dat flying tail. Vith de anti-servo tab line up vith de stabilator it vill
not generate any down vorce - he must haff let go of de vheel! Oh! Anthony!
Vhy didn't you listen to me??? (looks up) Grab Der vheel! Pull Anthony!
Pull! Dis is not a game!"

Crowd still shouting: "PULL UP! PULL UP!" Pathfinder getting lower and
lower, airplane noise getting louder and louder

Al runs out in front of the crowd: "Stop it! Stop trying to talk to him! It
doesn't work! You need to ignore him to get him to stop!!!! Why won't you
listen to me! STOP! STOP!"

CRASH! cut to the wreckage - upside down and starting to smolder. Woman
screams. Crowd rushes up to the wreck. Anthony can be seen struggling,
trying to get out.

Gig 601XL Builder rushes up and crawls under to help

Anthony shouting: "HELP ME - I'm trapped!!!"

Gig 601XL Builder tugs on his arm - it doesn't work.

Pathfinder bursts into flames

Jay: "Get back! It has 55 gallons of unleaded auto gas in it!!!"

Gig 601XL Builder is forced back by the flames

Anthony screams in anguish - bystanders cover their faces in horror

Kev: "Why couldn't you people just leave him alone? He was just asking
questions!!"

Al: "I tried to convince him to fly a real airplane - if only he had stuck
to his simulator! Why? Why? Why?"

Thomas: "I tried to explain it to him! Over and Over! He just wouldn't
listen!"

Others in crowd: "Yes" "Me too!" etc. "It's such a shame" "He was so young"

Mary: "Kiwi? You were supposed to be fixing toilets"

Geoff: "I'll be baack"

To be continued in the next thread.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old January 8th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Deep in your story you said "He's so young."

But he's not young, he's 46, and he did this on purpose, because
otherwise he'd be sitting in his overhot Paris apartment wondering why
no one is sending him money -- his web site asks for donations -- with
only a few Euros, and he sees the computer waiting for him to simulate
life.

But his is empty, and in a clear moment he sees that.

The simulator was good enough to get him off the ground, that at least
made him better than people who fly real big iron into buildings, they
needed real training.

And the earth, after all, is a big target

So sad.

RIP, Mx, RIP.

Or press alt, control, and delete and start all over again.

On Jan 8, 6:30 pm, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way

Old January 8th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flatulence

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:
Newps writes:

What's the neutral position of a Cub or Cessna 180?

I don't know. I've never flown anything that tiny.

The correct placement of the period in that last sentence is after
the word "anything".

Old January 8th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Kev: "Why couldn't you people just leave him alone? He was just asking
questions!!"

Al: "I tried to convince him to fly a real airplane - if only he had stuck
to his simulator! Why? Why? Why?"

Thomas: "I tried to explain it to him! Over and Over! He just wouldn't
listen!"

*Heh heh* Pretty good! You forgot:

BT: Moron! I could crash much better than he can!

Newps: Damned airline pilots, screwing up the descent as always! I
bet he flies simulated NWA or UAL !!

- Kev

Old January 9th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Tony" wrote in message
ups.com...
Deep in your story you said "He's so young."

But he's not young, he's 46, ...

Some of us would argue that point...

Old January 9th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Duncan writes:

What if it's a spring type system, rather than a trim tab - what is the
neutral position for that?

The same.

Old January 9th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

No such animal.

Unless you are familiar with every aircraft ever built, you don't
really know.

Old January 9th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:
Newps writes:

No such animal.

Unless you are familiar with every aircraft ever built, you don't
really know.

Well look at that, your stock answer for everything when proven wrong.
Maybe try rearranging the sentence a little to make it look original.
Time to check the bank account again to see if some poor sap sent you $5.