Question-file size

Old May 24th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Greasy Rider[_3_]

Default Question-file size

I've come into a .wmv file of 9 meg that my ISP stops me from posting here.
(That's interesting; it let me receive it as an e-mail!)
Anyway, the .wmv is labeled "night vfr Aspen" and is a split screen view
out the front window. Shows an infrared image on the left and a naked eye
view on the right of a night landing in Aspen.
Two questions:
1-Is there any interest in seeing this movie clip?
2- How do I make it available?

Old May 24th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Greasy Rider offered these thoughts for the group's
consideration of the matter at hand:

I've come into a .wmv file of 9 meg that my ISP stops me from
posting here. (That's interesting; it let me receive it as an
e-mail!) Anyway, the .wmv is labeled "night vfr Aspen" and is
a split screen view out the front window. Shows an infrared
image on the left and a naked eye view on the right of a night
landing in Aspen. Two questions:
1-Is there any interest in seeing this movie clip?
2- How do I make it available?

I couldn't E-mail that from Comcast, either, counting encoding,
it'd be above my 10 meg limit. But, what is your NSP part of your
ISP doing that prevents you from posting this in pieces, the way
files of this size normally are? That's the whole idea of line
counts and multi-part binaries so that NSP servers don't choke on
it. I'm not personally into this kind of thing but Xnews and Agent
can easily break it up in 50 kb chunks, even posting in yEnc which
cuts the as-posted size about 38% or so.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old May 25th 07, 09:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Greasy Rider" wrote in message
I've come into a .wmv file of 9 meg that my ISP stops me from posting

here.

2- How do I make it available?

One way would be to upload it to the free webspace that ISPs often give you
and post a link to it.
This one is 18 Mb... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machloop/Gold_Hawks.exe

Picture size P & H Macguire Aviation Photos 31 May 17th 07 01:19 AM
O/A welding question: tip size mhorowit Home Built 25 July 11th 06 03:22 AM
What size hole saw do I use? [email protected] Home Built 22 July 16th 05 08:21 AM
Size does matter HECTOP Piloting 59 May 13th 04 11:48 PM
LS4 - LS6 Fuselage size Mark Soaring 15 November 3rd 03 03:47 AM