Busting airspace question

Old February 9th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Busting airspace question

Jose wrote:

I'm talking about the tracks I saw on the web. I presume these are FAA
radar tracks. They (allegedly) came from the Newark tower, the LGA
tower and the JFK tower, or something like that - three separate nearby
radar facilities.

The actual FAA NTAP readout will have a point plotted every six seconds
with the aircrafts lat/lon.
Old February 9th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jose wrote:
Are you talking about the tracks you and many of us saw via online
services or honest to God FAA radar tracks?

I'm talking about the tracks I saw on the web. I presume these are
FAA radar tracks. They (allegedly) came from the Newark tower, the
LGA tower and the JFK tower, or something like that - three separate
nearby radar facilities.

Jose

That's what I thought you were saying. Those are VERY crude interpitations
of FAA radar plots.

Old February 9th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

The actual FAA NTAP readout will have a point plotted every six seconds with the aircrafts lat/lon.

That's what I believe I saw. There were three such sets of points.

Jose
--
Humans are pack animals. Above all things, they have a deep need to
follow something, be it a leader, a creed, or a mob. Whosoever fully
Old February 9th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

That's what I thought you were saying. Those are VERY crude interpitations
of FAA radar plots.

How would they be interpreted less crudely? Is there some signal
processing that goes on, that was not presented to the media?

Jose
Old February 9th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jose wrote:
That's what I thought you were saying. Those are VERY crude
interpitations of FAA radar plots.

How would they be interpreted less crudely? Is there some signal
processing that goes on, that was not presented to the media?

Jose

Go visit an ATC facility.

Old February 9th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

I think we should be worrying less about who busted the airspace and more
about who is going to fix it!

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old February 10th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
buttman

On Feb 4, 6:36 am, "Cecil Chapman" wrote:
None of our students at my FBO (to my knowledge) have broke the Bravo but we
DID have a student who busted Class Charlie and the FAA had a long,
drawn-out talk with them.

--
=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CFI-A, CP-ASEL-IA

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at:www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

What about busting a Delta? There is no way they could catch you
unless you happened to land there.

When i was going through my training, there were a few delta's around
(but no Bravos or Charlies), and I remember being so paranoid that I
might clip one of them. Looking back, I don't think it would have been
possible for them to catch me, unless I were to come within binocular
range of the tower...