Lightspeed Comes Through!

Old August 18th 03, 01:20 AM
Gary L. Drescher

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

"Gary L. Drescher" wrote:

As a result of your testimonial (and others' comments in reply), I'm
seriously considering getting a Lightspeed headset now.

Best wait and see how long *this* set lasts.

Good point. If I were getting my first headset, I'd certainly want to wait
for more evidence. But since Lightspeed's repair service is good, I can
afford to gamble a little, since I can just fall back on my older headsets
for awhile if need be.

--Gary

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.

Old August 18th 03, 08:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Wizard,

I believe Jay said these were free, as a marketing ploy and in exchange
for his demonstrated loyalty to the brand.

That's no reason to treat them (unrealistically) bad, as you suggested
(kind of) - and then possibly even complain. Well, you get my drift...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 18th 03, 07:34 PM
Jay Honeck

Yea, but after a while it gets real old. For those that try to read
into my posts and think they see mysterious things, I specifically
mean that it is tiresome to continually send the headsets back to the
factory (usually USPS Priority on your nickel) for repair regardless
of how outstanding the customer service is.

What do you guys suppose Justin is *REALLY* trying to say here? ;-)

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 18th 03, 07:42 PM
Jay Honeck

Good point. If I were getting my first headset, I'd certainly want to
wait
for more evidence. But since Lightspeed's repair service is good, I can
afford to gamble a little, since I can just fall back on my older headsets
for awhile if need be.

No, the new set didn't break. But it's almost as funny...

Gleefully preparing for our very first flight (yesterday, to Minneapolis, to
see the Maul of America) with FOUR ANR headsets on board, I carefully moved
the new pair into the prime left seat spot, the 25XLs from the left to the
right seat, the 15s from the right seat to the rear, and the old Flightcoms
OUT of the plane entirely.

Shortly after take-off, my son discovered that he could no longer be heard
on the intercom. Apparently the simple act of moving the 15s from the front
seat to the back seat caused a wire in the microphone boom to fail
internally.

As always, a call to Lightspeed was all it took to get a return
authorization, and they will be good as new in a few days...

Until then, the trusty Flightcoms are back in their position of "honor"...

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 19th 03, 02:16 AM
Ben Haas

This is almost tooooo funny. Hey Jay, I will try to get ya booked on
Jay leno soon....... I have two pairs of 20 3 G's and so far all is
just great with them. That ANR concept is a wonderful thing.

Old August 19th 03, 08:36 AM
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

no offense meant, but my first thought was: Yeah, right.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 19th 03, 03:32 PM
Jay Honeck

no offense meant, but my first thought was: Yeah, right.

No offense taken. It's almost too crazy to believe. I just UPS'd them back
to Oregon. I believe this particular set has made that journey three times
now, since '99 or '00...

Someone really must do their MBA thesis on the Lightspeed Aviation story.
A perfect example of forgetting the details...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 19th 03, 04:01 PM
Montblack

If they are a thriving, profitable company, maybe the thesis should be -
Screw the Details.

The bottom line on this issue is ...the bottom line. Wonder how they're
doing in the marketplace?

--
Montblack

"Jay Honeck"

Old August 19th 03, 05:15 PM
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

Someone really must do their MBA thesis on the Lightspeed Aviation story.
A perfect example of forgetting the details...

Well, as you know, Lightspeed would be long out of business if even a
noticable minority, let alone a majority, would have your kind of problems
- or in fact any kind of problem. So, in one way or another, you must be
special. But of course, you know that ;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)