Turbo Lance MP flux ?

Old September 27th 05, 04:06 AM
John Doe

Default Turbo Lance MP flux ?

I've been looking to buy a turbo lance and I've demo'd two of them so far.

One I flew was rock solid, but the second one the engine would not hold a
solid MP. It would flucuate +/- an inch or so especially on take off. We
even got the overboost light just off the end of the runway.

After seeing that, I am pretty concerned about the turbo system on the
lance.

has anyone else seen this problem? Was it just that plane or more of a turbo
problem that I would have with any lance?

Old September 27th 05, 03:29 PM
Mike Rapoport

Did it fluctuate or just rise an inch or two and then stay? The wastegate
is manual so it isn't moving unless you are moving the throttle. You
should be adding throttle until you get about 2-3"MP below where you want to
be for takeoff. As the exhaust path heats up and the "bootstrapping"
subsides the MP will stabilize

Mike
MU-2

Old September 27th 05, 11:30 PM
John Doe

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
. net...
Did it fluctuate or just rise an inch or two and then stay? The wastegate
is manual so it isn't moving unless you are moving the throttle. You
should be adding throttle until you get about 2-3"MP below where you want
to be for takeoff. As the exhaust path heats up and the "bootstrapping"
subsides the MP will stabilize

Good question, Its been a month since I've flown that one. I'll have to go
back and fly it again. I'll let you know.

Thanks.