Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Old June 23rd 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:

There are a few venues in which I'm able to sustain an intelligent discussion
of aviation without any reference to personalities at all, but in most venues
the angry young males are such a pox upon discussion that they eventually
overwhelm it.

See:

http://www.positivityblog.com/index....powerful-tips/

The average age here is well past "young".

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities

On Jun 23, 3:39*pm, Hatunen wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:31:05 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Virtually every pilot arguing about it here is a low-time private pilot. I can
spot them from a mile away.

DEFINE LOW TIME PILOT????????????????????????
Old June 23rd 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Hatunen writes:

Really? How many private pilots do you know well enough to make
that claim?

Quite a few.

How is that possible since you have said seveal times you avoid social
contact with other people?

If. I'm not particulary fond of hitting tubulence when I'm in an
airliner, but physical sensations are hard to avoid if you fly
much.

Sure, but they are not an integral part of flying, unless you fly specifically
for the thrill of sensations.

Delusional.

Perfectly calm days with no thermals are a rarity.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Hatunen writes:

Good grief. That's an almost stupid thing to say.

Not if you have an instrument rating.

And now it is surely a stupid thing to say as flying IFR almost guarantees
other than a perfectly smooth ride.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
george writes:

Bull****. Plain and simple.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ60fitlU70

All I see is a stupid pilot violating Federal air regulations and
overstressing his (rented?) aircraft.

All you see is delusion.

There is no FAR that prohibts doing spins and spins, unless very improperly
done, are not high stress manuevers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
JohnT writes:

What physical sensations are you referring to?

All of them. Some people are very into strong sensations.

You don't fly and you know nothing about flying.

I have flown in airplanes many times. The sensations felt by pilots are
identical to those felt by passengers.

Yeah, sure.

What you gloss over is that airline pilots take great care to minimize any
sensations felt by passengers because it tends to scare them and make them
not want to fly that airline again.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

Hatunen writes:

Again you display your actual lack of knowledge and willingness
to display it in public. First, there is no FAR prohibiting the
demonstration or practice of doing spins.

Spins must be permitted for the aircraft, and regulations permit them (and
other aerobatic maneuvers) only under certain conditions. In this case, the
Cessna 150 may be spun only after certain modifications are made (since 2009),
in part to prevent maximum rudder travel from interfering with the elevators.
Yes, I have the AD in front of me.

However, the video was uploaded in 2007, and the aircraft has a Canadian
registration number, so this might not apply to the pilot in question.

There's still the question of reckless and careless operation, but if he was
in Canada, that might not apply. In general, one must question the wisdom of a
pilot who executes aerobatic maneuvers in an aircraft not designed for that
purpose. Here again, this has parallels in the world of automobiles: executing
extreme maneuvers in an automobile not designed for such maneuvers is reckless
and careless.
Old June 23rd 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 23, 3:47*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

As others already told you, you feel it in the controls (mushy, then
shudders).

Only after you've fallen behind the airplane.

WRONG AGAIN. Ever hear of SLOW FLIGHT????????????

You need to find other ways to fly than by the seat of your pants. Or stop
flying IFR, at least.

WRONG AGAIN. LANDING IS NOT IFR NOR WAS I TALKING ABOUT FLYING IN
IMC. YOU DON'T EXPERIENCE WINDSHEAR IN MSFS, DO YOU where suddenly
your controls get mushy??????????

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T FLY A REAL PLANE OR HAVE A CLUE ABOUT FLYING A
REAL PLANE, DO YOU or you wouldn't come up with crap like the
above.

There are many reasons for flight that require you to NOT look at your
instruments but fly by the seat of your pants. Example would be
photography, search and rescue. SO, NO I AM NOT BEHIND THE PLANE.

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THIS because of your closed mind about MSFS
THINKING IT IS LIKE THE REAL THING!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 23rd 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

Hatunen writes:

Indeed. That goes without saying. Theme parks are full of them.

Yes. It's a risky personality trait for people who operate vehicles. A
tremendous number of automobile accidents can be traced to this trait. And it
is often said that the most common last words of private pilots are "Watch
this!"

Except the pilots have to deal with it and aren't allowed to
cower in their sets.

I have never seen anyone cowering in his seat during a flight. The sensations
are exceedingly tame.

Of course it goes without saying that there are a number of
sensations that one can have when when piloting a plane smaller
than a 707 that airline passengers rarely experience, and when
they do it tends to be one of their last sensations.

"Watch this!"

Since your actual flying experience consists of being a passenger
on on large airliners it would serve you well to restrict your
comments to that experience.

Why?

I know that small planes move around more. It's one of several reasons to
avoid traveling in small planes.

By the way I've been a passenger on some smaller aircraft with
maybe ten or eleven seats, and the sensations are quite a bit
different than when a passenger on a 747.

So have I. I didn't find the sensations so very different as long as the
aircraft is competently flown.