Pinout for TERRA TRT-250 transponder

Old November 3rd 06, 12:18 PM
Turaga Turaga is offline
Junior Member

Question Pinout for TERRA TRT-250 transponder

Pinout for the 25-pin connector on my TERRA TRT-250 analog switch button transponder.

and

I have the referencemanual for the King KT76 - 78 (a) if someone have questions...

Tor Rene
Norway

Got my pin-diagram from Juan Jimenez today, THANX

This is how it looks:

TERRA TRT-250 TRANSPONDER

*17 - A2
*5 - A1
*15 - B1
*2 - B2
*14 - B4
*18 - C4
*16 - A4
*3 - C1
*4 - C2
*9 - D4
*1 - SUPPRESSION OUT
*8 and 20 - SWITCHED POWER OUT
*6 - EXT. DME SUPPRESSION IN
*7 and 19 - POWER IN 12 VDC
*11 and 21 - POWER GROUND
*12 and 24 - REMOTE GROUND

Cabel lengths:
RG-58A/U - max 9 ft.
RG-8A/U - 17 ft.

Last edited by Turaga : November 3rd 06 at 05:29 PM.
Old November 3rd 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Pinout for TERRA TRT-250 transponder (and 250D)

Check your email, I already responded to the email you sent me.

Anyone else who wants this...

http://www.bd5.com/trt250-250d_wiringdiagram.pdf

It's a wide page, just tape the two together for the full drawing. The
diagram is for both the 250 and the 250D.

"Turaga" wrote in message

Do anyone have it. Need the piout for the 25-pin connector on my TERRA
TRT-250 analog switch button transponder. Weekend is getting close, and
I was planning of put in order my transponder for regardless flying
inside the controllzone this weekend...

By the way, I have the referencemanual for the King KT76 - 78 (a) if
someone have questions...

Tor Rene
Norway

--
Turaga

Old November 5th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Earls61

Turaga wrote:
[...]

Did you know there is an old AD on
those?http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...3?OpenDocument

Old November 5th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gerry Caron

"Earls61" wrote in message
oups.com...
Turaga,

Did you know there is an old AD on
those?http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...3?OpenDocument

If you have a TRT-250 with Mod 5 or a TRT-250D with Mod 2 it has the fix
required by the AD.

Gerry

Old November 5th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Gerry Caron" wrote in message

"Earls61" wrote in message
oups.com...
Turaga,

Did you know there is an old AD on
those?http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...3?OpenDocument

If you have a TRT-250 with Mod 5 or a TRT-250D with Mod 2 it has the fix
required by the AD.

Gerry

Beat me to it.

And the way to check the mod is to look for the label with the serial
number, the mod level is determined by looking at which number has been
taken off the sticker, or marked.

Old November 6th 06, 08:18 PM
Turaga Turaga is offline
Junior Member

****************************
Mine has the number five taken out, and it has just been at service and yellow-taged. So it should be ok, then I guess...

Tor, Norway
*****************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Jimenez

Old November 6th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Should be.

****************************

Juan Jimenez Wrote:
"Gerry Caron" wrote in message
...-

http://tinyurl.com/y5dgsh
-

Old November 8th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Cherney

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:18:06 +0000, Turaga
wrote:

Do anyone have it. Need the piout for the 25-pin connector on my TERRA
TRT-250 analog switch button transponder. Weekend is getting close, and
I was planning of put in order my transponder for regardless flying
inside the controllzone this weekend...

Here are some links you might find useful:

Rob-