Another Weird KLN94 Problem

Old September 11th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
gwengler

Default Another Weird KLN94 Problem

I had a bizarre problem on my KLN94. The display itself is totally
fine (i.e. the moving map shows everything correctly, all pixels are
OK); however, on almost all other text pages, there is information
missing. For example, the groundspeed is not showing on the NAV page,
or a frequency on an APT page. One APT page showed no airport
information at all. On some pages, a whole text line is missing, on
another just a few numbers (the letters are fine) or visa versa.
It continued to work fine to input the autopilot. This has happened
twice in the last two years and by shutting the unit off and on the
problem went away. Ever heard of anything like that?

Gerd

Old September 11th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave S

gwengler wrote:
I had a bizarre problem on my KLN94. The display itself is totally
fine (i.e. the moving map shows everything correctly, all pixels are
OK); however, on almost all other text pages, there is information
missing. For example, the groundspeed is not showing on the NAV page,
or a frequency on an APT page. One APT page showed no airport
information at all. On some pages, a whole text line is missing, on
another just a few numbers (the letters are fine) or visa versa.
It continued to work fine to input the autopilot. This has happened
twice in the last two years and by shutting the unit off and on the
problem went away. Ever heard of anything like that?

Gerd

Nope.. I've got an intermittent horizontal row of pixels on my 89B.. but
thats about it. Good luck

Dave
Old September 17th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Huck

That sounds like a software problem take it to your dealer or a
reputable honeywell dealer. It will probably have to be removed and re
programmed and maybe sent back to the factory. I am by no means a
avionics wiz but I have a bunch of time dealing with them and with
these gps units. Great unit to by the way.
matt tiberii
com asel amel ases
cfi cfii