BUSH HIDES THE BODY BAGS...

Old November 9th 03, 04:46 AM
George Z. Bush

B2431 wrote:
From: c
Date: 11/8/2003 9:42 AM Central Standard Time
Don't Mention the Dead
When the body of US soldier Artimus Brassfield was flown to the
military mortuary at Dover, Delaware, there were no TV pictures of a
flag-covered coffin and hero's salute - the White House has banned
media coverage at the base. But can Bush's efforts to hide the body
bags quell growing public disquiet over the death toll in Iraq?
by Gary Younge
story is he

Published on Friday, November 7, 2003 by the Guardian/UK

This has been the official Pentagon policy since 1991. Nice try.

So what? It's not a law and, even if it was, it could and should be changed.
It's a matter of showing respect and, if there happens to be a political price
to pay to do that, then so be it. There's a price being paid for not doing it
and the longer making that change is put off, the higher that price becomes.
It's the President's choice, and he's the one who's going to pay if he guesses
wrong.

George Z.

Old November 9th 03, 08:50 AM
killfile

It's not a Pentagon policy, it's a White House policy that was first seen in
the 91' Gulf War.

It didn't stop Clinton meeting the Military dead off the plane, something
which GW Bush seems to think is beyond him.

Matt

From: c
Date: 11/8/2003 9:42 AM Central Standard Time
Don't Mention the Dead
When the body of US soldier Artimus Brassfield was flown to the
military mortuary at Dover, Delaware, there were no TV pictures of a
flag-covered coffin and hero's salute - the White House has banned
media coverage at the base. But can Bush's efforts to hide the body
bags quell growing public disquiet over the death toll in Iraq?
by Gary Younge
story is he

Published on Friday, November 7, 2003 by the Guardian/UK

This has been the official Pentagon policy since 1991. Nice try.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old November 9th 03, 02:30 PM
BUFDRVR

Only Bob Dole, who was the real thing, got solid military votes.

Uhh, Mr. Democrat.com, you might want to check the number/percentage of
military votes Bush got compared to Gore.

The Democrats or the GOP? At
the rate we are going, the post war death toll will be about 3x the
war death toll. What a waste of life.

A waste of life? You sir, not suprisingly, are the lowest form of life I've
seen on these boards. Those young men who have died have only wasted their
lives if Iraq is not established as a stable, peaceful nation and its far to
early to make that determination. I'm looking forward to you political
commercials next year in the run-up to the election, how low can you go?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old November 10th 03, 02:48 AM
BUFDRVR

I would have loved to hear your comments during Okinawa, or Gettysburg.
Some things are worth figthing and dying for, Peace in the Mid-East
(by way of Democracy) surely is worth it, isn't it?

Only if your political party is the one making the policy. This goes for
Republicans (guilty of such actions in '99) as well as Democrats. We've come
to a point in this nation when political parties take presedence over the
nation as a whole. There are Democrats that celebrate every time a US solider
is killed in Iraq.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old November 10th 03, 01:29 PM
George Z. Bush

BUFDRVR wrote:
I would have loved to hear your comments during Okinawa, or Gettysburg.
Some things are worth figthing and dying for, Peace in the Mid-East
(by way of Democracy) surely is worth it, isn't it?

Only if your political party is the one making the policy. This goes for
Republicans (guilty of such actions in '99) as well as Democrats. We've come
to a point in this nation when political parties take presedence over the
nation as a whole. There are Democrats that celebrate every time a US solider
is killed in Iraq.

Care to provide a name to go with your accusation? I don't know of any, and I'm
a Democrat. How come you know who they are and I don't?

I'm sure that there are as many Republicans who celebrate our casualties as
there are Democrats who do the same.

George Z.

Old November 10th 03, 08:13 PM
Kevin Brooks

BUFDRVR wrote:
I would have loved to hear your comments during Okinawa, or Gettysburg.
Some things are worth figthing and dying for, Peace in the Mid-East
(by way of Democracy) surely is worth it, isn't it?

Only if your political party is the one making the policy. This goes for
Republicans (guilty of such actions in '99) as well as Democrats. We've come
to a point in this nation when political parties take presedence over the
nation as a whole. There are Democrats that celebrate every time a US solider
is killed in Iraq.

Care to provide a name to go with your accusation? I don't know of any, and I'm
a Democrat. How come you know who they are and I don't?

I'm sure that there are as many Republicans who celebrate our casualties as
there are Democrats who do the same.

George Z.

Wesley Clark? The guy who screwed up and told Albright that it would
take only a "few days" of bombing to make Milosevic cave in, then
prognosticated that the assault on Baghdad was in dire straits because
it lacked sufficient combat power (only to see Baghdad fall within the
next two weeks), and is now running for President as a Democrat? Or
for that matter, you can flip on your TV news and watch any number of
current Democratic legislators (and a host of other presidential
pretenders) bemoan the situation in Iraq on a daily basis, trying to
turn it to their political benefit. You are a WWII vet--can you recall
many Republicans in that era railing against the war effort at every
turn while FDR was in the White House?

BUFFDRVR has made a valid point, and yes, he acknowledged that it cuts
both ways (he has therefore demonstrated a heck of a lot more lack of
bias in this regard than you have)--Republicans were only too glad to
point out the problems with the Kosovo operation as it unfolded,
though not to my recollection as pointedly or vociferously as we have
seen recently from the other side of the isle. Domestic political
objectives do seem to have eclipsed the older ideals of unity and
support for the troops (and if I hear one more Democratic senator
spend five minutes slamming the current situation in Iraq and our
alleged inadequacies, with his by-rote appended, "But of course I
support the *troops*!", I am going to retch).

Brooks
Old November 10th 03, 10:10 PM
George Z. Bush

Let's use Afghanistan as an example. In theory, the war is over there,
even though the president didn't hitch a ride onto a carrier deck.
Look at this phrase in the Afghanistan constitution:

'It says Islam is Afghanistan's religion and "no law will be made
which will oppose the principles of Islam".'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanista...076321,00.html

Yeah, some democracy. However, a certain party is declaring (cough
cough) "Mission Accomplished."

I think you're confusing the two conflicts.....I don't believe anybody claimed
the war in Afghanistan was over. OBL is still running around loose and,
according to 60 Minutes, the only part of Afghanistan that's reasonably safe is
the area around Kabul. The rest of the country is apparently still no-man's
land, with the Taliban and war lords fighting over some parts, and opium (and
heroin) producing poppies growing everywhere.

Do we pick our wars, or what!!!

George Z.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
Bu$h Jr's Iran-Contra -- The Pentagone's Reign of Terror PirateJohn Military Aviation 1 September 6th 03 10:05 AM