Anchorage FBO / Rentals

Old December 4th 03, 01:45 AM
Tom Hyslip

Default Anchorage FBO / Rentals

I am going to Anchorage, AK for the Army Jan 14-20 and will have a little
free time while I am there. Does anyone know of any good FBOs in Anchorage
where I can rent a 152 / 172. Even if it has to be with one of their
instructors, I just want to check out Alaska from above. Also, what about
floats? I wouldn't mind taking a lesson or two on floats, and I see a lot
of pictures of floats from Alaska.

Thanks,
Tom

Old December 4th 03, 02:28 AM
PJ

No comment on the 'good or bad', but options in Anchorage include;

Take Flight
AeroTech
and if you can track them down
Herb Hubbard (Hubbard Aviation) used to have an office in 'The Hanger.Net'
and Dennis Safranek (Bush Air) rents out his 172 when he's not out of town
with it.

Also since it sounds as though your military, you should consider the
Elmendorf Aero Club.

You're not going to find anyone on floats in Alaska in Jan.

PJ
===============
Reply to:
pj at offairport dot com
===============
Here's to the duck that swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together. J.J.W.

. com...

Old December 4th 03, 08:38 AM
Larry Fransson

On 2003-12-03 17:28:10 -0800, "PJ" stol at usa dot com said:

You're not going to find anyone on floats in Alaska in Jan.

There's plenty of float flying going on in Alaska all year. Just not
so much north of about Yakutat.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA
Old December 4th 03, 05:58 PM
Casey Wilson

You're not going to find anyone on floats in Alaska in Jan.

I need to tell that to my nephew on Kodiak.

Old December 4th 03, 08:31 PM
PJ

Ok Ok, I give!

I was speaking "in general" to the posters statement that he's was going to
be in "Anchorage" for 5 days in Jan. Generally speaking, in the Anchorage
area your not going to find anyone doing float operations in the middle of
January.

Although a couple of winters ago it was so mild that I did two separate
float ratings in March. That in it's self was pretty unusual.

PJ

--
===============
Reply to:

Old December 5th 03, 04:23 AM
Travis Marlatte

Take Flight at Merrill Field gets my vote. I spent a week hanging around
with them buying an airplane. I pretty much bothered their shop guys
everyday and they never said "peep" other than "Good morning. What can we do
for you today?" Their shop is great, the instructors are great, the staff is
great.

. com...

Old December 6th 03, 12:14 AM
John Galban

"Tom Hyslip" wrote in message .com...
I am going to Anchorage, AK for the Army Jan 14-20 and will have a little
free time while I am there. Does anyone know of any good FBOs in Anchorage
where I can rent a 152 / 172. Even if it has to be with one of their
instructors, I just want to check out Alaska from above. Also, what about
floats? I wouldn't mind taking a lesson or two on floats, and I see a lot
of pictures of floats from Alaska.

Tom,

Grab an instructor and take a tour of some glaciers. I spent
several weeks flying all around Alaska and the glacier flying was
definitely the coolest flying of all.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Nationwide aircraft rentals Lou Home Built 1 February 2nd 05 01:31 AM
Plane Rentals in the Washington D.C. area John T Piloting 4 October 17th 03 04:19 AM
Rentals at BUR Dan Katz Piloting 0 July 19th 03 06:38 PM
Rentals in Nern MI? Zack Sten Piloting 0 July 17th 03 05:57 PM