Source for L'Hotellier Safety Clips

Old January 15th 19, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Source for L'Hotellier Safety Clips

Any recommendations or vendors who stock them in North America?
Old January 15th 19, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I bought a bag of 50 from Walmart for around $9.00.Â* I use them on the
l'Hotlier connectors for the ailerons in my Stemme and for my seat track
stops in my Cessna.Â* My IA approved their use.

--
Dan, 5J
Old January 15th 19, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

This was a couple of years ago.Â* I measured one of the pins that came
with my ship and looked for that specific size.Â* Here's an example:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-5mm-x-3...-Pcs/168313573

Be sure to get the size you need.

Old January 15th 19, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 3:03:51 PM UTC-8, George Haeh wrote:
Any recommendations or vendors who stock them in North America?

A piece of twisted locking wire is just as good or better. I've known the manufacturer-supplied safety pins to come off of the hotelier connections on a K21.
Old January 15th 19, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Page 5, Figure 4. https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...93-001-3_E.pdf

Buy 'em from Schempp Hirth dealer.

All other solutions are inferior.

T8
Old January 15th 19, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 5:18:34 PM UTC-8, Tango Eight wrote:
Page 5, Figure 4. https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...93-001-3_E.pdf

Buy 'em from Schempp Hirth dealer.

All other solutions are inferior.

T8

If you can get those they work great. A fellow club member bought an ASW-19 equipped with them and I think they're brilliant.

My ASW-15 came over from Germany in the late 90's with AN safety pins tethered to the control rods. You can get them from Aircraft Spruce. They work and because the 15's connections are right near the hatch and easy to access and see, I haven't bothered changing them for something easier.
Old January 15th 19, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

T8 is correct. Fit correctly and easy to use.
Old January 15th 19, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I think I had those on my '19 and they could be locked in the blind.

The Walmart pins were cheap, about $0.16 each, do the job, and in two
years not one has come out in service.Â* They're attached to the aileron
control rod by a length of waxed string.Â* YMMV.Â* Of course the Stemme
clips are visible during installation, no reaching through a hole to
install them.Â* I use a hemostat as a tool to help my clumsy fingers get
the pin installed.

Old January 16th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On 1/14/2019 8:32 PM, wrote:
T8 is correct. Fit correctly and easy to use.

--
Dan, 5J

But of course any random metal "thingy" purchased from the great American institution Walmart should be considered flight worthy without question or test. Call me about some ocean front property I have for sale
Old January 16th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

The clips I use are stainless steel and the correct size to fit the
hole.Â* Didn't someone else just suggest simply slipping a length of wire
through the hole and twisting it?Â* I suppose I could have spent 25 times
as much for a simple pin but I have to save my money to purchase real
estate.

BTW, would thatÂ* ocean front property that you're offering be anywhere
near Reno?Â* Looks like CA is getting ready to slide into the sea...

On 1/14/2019 8:32 wrote:
T8 is correct. Fit correctly and easy to use.

--
Dan, 5J

But of course any random metal "thingy" purchased from the great American institution Walmart should be considered flight worthy without question or test. Call me about some ocean front property I have for sale

--
Dan, 5J

Do L'Hotellier Ball Fittings Wear? Casey[_2_] Soaring 32 April 15th 16 08:04 AM
Source of L'Hotellier Fittings? Six-Seven Romeo Soaring 2 September 1st 15 05:33 PM
l'Hotellier on EB28 rlovinggood Soaring 5 January 27th 08 12:32 PM
L'Hotellier [email protected] Soaring 5 September 9th 05 04:21 PM
Hotellier connections Mike Soaring 38 September 28th 04 04:30 PM