online scheduling

Old September 30th 05, 05:46 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default online scheduling

My partner and I are currently using aircraftclubs.com to schedule our
Mooney. With just 2 of us, I'm wondering if there are less expensive
on-line schedule options. aircraftclubs.com wants $60 to renew. We only
require the web interface, no need for the phone scheduler (we both
have GSM cellular internet access from whereever we are). If someone
has a template for one, I could actually host it on my own web space.

-Robert

Old September 30th 05, 05:52 PM
Robert M. Gary

Hey, I just ran into this free scheduling software. Has anyone tried
this? http://ors.sourceforge.net/index.html You have to host it
yourself (no problem). Any basic hosted account that supports PHP works
according to their web page. Free aircraft scheduling??

-Robert

Old September 30th 05, 06:07 PM
Marco Leon

Why not create a yahoo account, share the password and use the Calendar
function? You can even have it email both of you as reminders.

Marco Leon

ups.com...

Old September 30th 05, 10:22 PM
three-eight-hotel

As a software developer, I perk up when I see cool utilities,
especially when it is being offered as open-source!

I went out and downloaded this, installed it on my own local
developement site and got it up and running, in about 10 minutes...
The user interface isn't extremely easy to figure out, but it's not
rocket science either. Reading the instructions and playing around
with it for a while, would probably make it a very feasible
application, for what you are looking for!

It's free, and it would be yours... what more could you ask for?

Old October 1st 05, 06:45 AM
Scott D

On 30 Sep 2005 09:52:45 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

Hey, I just ran into this free scheduling software. Has anyone tried
this? http://ors.sourceforge.net/index.html You have to host it
yourself (no problem). Any basic hosted account that supports PHP works
according to their web page. Free aircraft scheduling??

-Robert

I set something up that is similar to what you linked but it is called
phpscheduleIt and it to is open source and available at sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpscheduleit/. I set it up for a
flight school about 2 years ago and it has worked without a flaw
since. I now have it set up for myself for the company I fly for and
I have also set it up another one for a friend of mine who is in
partnership where they own 3 aircraft. This has worked out great for
them.

It does take a little knowledge in setting it up originally but anyone
with just a limited amount of HTML should be fine and it does require
one Database preferably MySQL on the server side to run.

Scott D.
Old October 1st 05, 03:16 PM
Marco Leon

Or they can do what my partner and I do--use the telephone!

A friend of mine does it a different way. They have alternating weeks where
the plane is "theirs." If they need it on a week that's not theirs, they
simply ask the other guy to swap a week. Works great for them.

Marco Leon

. ..

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 1st 05, 05:48 PM
Bob Chilcoat

We just use a free calender on http://my.calendars.net. Since we (4
partners) operate on a "first come, first served" basis, whoever gets their
reservation in first gets the plane. The calendar just gives us a central
place to keep the reservations that we can all access equally. Even with
four of us, there are rarely conflicts, and we can usually negotiate those
amicably. Works well, and is free.

Old October 5th 05, 02:34 AM
John Smith

my partners and I made our own web site. Most dial-up and cable users have
free web space, and an evening with an intro html or cgi book (or better
yet, use someone else's site) and you can roll your own

2nd option is to open a Yahoo mail account and use their calender function