Banner Plane Impacts Water w/ photo

Old August 7th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen[_1_]

Default Banner Plane Impacts Water w/ photo

Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

Picture as the plane hit the water: (wow!)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...50848_7715.jpg

Story:
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/planecrashes6.htm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ns_beachgoers/

Old August 7th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Owen wrote:
Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

Picture as the plane hit the water: (wow!)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...50848_7715.jpg

Story:
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/planecrashes6.htm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ns_beachgoers/

How like the public to be more concerned about themselves than the pilot.
Old August 7th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen[_1_]

Emily wrote:

Owen wrote:
Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

Picture as the plane hit the water: (wow!)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...50848_7715.jpg

Story:
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/planecrashes6.htm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ns_beachgoers/

How like the public to be more concerned about themselves than the pilot.

Well if a car goes careening out of control while you're walking down the street and it looks like it could hit
you, would you at that particular instant be more concerned with yourself or the driver?

Old August 7th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article , Owen wrote:

Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

"The Hyannis harbor master had the plane towed to shallow water, where
it stayed for several hours yesterday." - that doesn't sound good!
Old August 7th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

"The Hyannis harbor master had the plane towed to shallow water, where
it stayed for several hours yesterday." - that doesn't sound good!

The media accounts could not have gotten any more dramatic, could they? g

Actually, it is better to leave something submerged in salt water, than to
pull it out and not immediately flush it out with fresh water.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 7th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Owen wrote:

Emily wrote:

Owen wrote:
Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The Champion was
later recovered from the water.

Picture as the plane hit the water: (wow!)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...50848_7715.jpg

Story:
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/planecrashes6.htm
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ns_beachgoers/

How like the public to be more concerned about themselves than the pilot.

Well if a car goes careening out of control while you're walking down the street and it looks like it could hit
you, would you at that particular instant be more concerned with yourself or the driver?

This wasn't a car careening out of control, it was a plane crashing.
And yes, if I saw a plane crashing, I would be more concerned about
those on board than it falling on me.
Old August 7th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

Posted At: Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:31 PM
Posted To: rec.aviation.piloting
Conversation: Banner Plane Impacts Water w/ photo
Subject: Banner Plane Impacts Water w/ photo

Owen wrote:

Emily wrote:

Owen wrote:
Aug 5, 2006. Banner plane loses power off Hyannnis, Cape Cod,
Massachusetts and ditches in the water. Although beachgoers and
witnesses were stunned, the pilot swam away unscathed. The

Champion
was
later recovered from the water.

Picture as the plane hit the water: (wow!)
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-

fba/Globe_Photo/2006/08/06/1154850848_7715.jpg

Story:
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/planecrashes6.htm

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...06/08/06/plane
_c
rash_off_hyannis_stuns_beachgoers/

How like the public to be more concerned about themselves than the

pilot.

Well if a car goes careening out of control while you're walking

down
the street and it looks like it could hit
you, would you at that particular instant be more concerned with

yourself or the driver?

This wasn't a car careening out of control, it was a plane crashing.
And yes, if I saw a plane crashing, I would be more concerned about
those on board than it falling on me.

I liked that part in the Cape Cod newspaper article where the witnesses
"thought it was going to hit the jetty and explode". I wonder just how
much ordinance this guy was carrying.

Old August 7th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Owen wrote:

Emily wrote:

Owen wrote:
[...]

More misinformation that people pick up from Hollywood. Although they
kind of know that real automobiles do not explode when they crash,
people are less familiar with airplanes. They learn from the movies
that airplanes explode when they crash, even when they are out of fuel.
Think about that when someone blows off yet more Hollywood idiocy with
"It's only a movie."

By the way, nearly everything that people here in the Philippines know
about America they learn from watching American sit-coms.... And
Americans wonder why people from other countries look at them funny.

Old August 7th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
news:001101c6b9db$d2633050$4001a8c0@omnibook6100.. .
I liked that part in the Cape Cod newspaper article where the witnesses
"thought it was going to hit the jetty and explode". I wonder just how
much ordinance this guy was carrying.

I know municipal laws can create inflammatory situations, but I didn't
realize that an airplane carrying ordinances would cause an explosion.
Guess we'd better make sure Hyannis City Council knows to keep the paperwork
to a minimum.

Old August 7th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stubby

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
news:001101c6b9db$d2633050$4001a8c0@omnibook6100.. .
I liked that part in the Cape Cod newspaper article where the witnesses
"thought it was going to hit the jetty and explode". I wonder just how
much ordinance this guy was carrying.

I know municipal laws can create inflammatory situations, but I didn't
realize that an airplane carrying ordinances would cause an explosion.
Guess we'd better make sure Hyannis City Council knows to keep the paperwork
to a minimum.

I think he meant "ordnance".