Seat cushion

Old July 31st 03, 10:59 PM
Ernest Christley

Default Seat cushion

Big John wrote:
Some time ago there was a discussion in the group about seat cushions
for small people in airplanes.

Today I received a catalogue from"Gadget Alert" (1-800-429-0039),
www.gadgetalert.com

They had a cushion advertised:

TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

You short ones may want to look at it?

It is both seat and back and composed of a NASA invented memory foam.

Seat is 15" x 16" x 6".

Can be folded (back to bottom) and carried to different locations.

Big John

This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
you're referring too.

But...

Did you see that electronic compass on the bottom of first page of the
auto section? I'm thinking that it could possibly be a worthwhile
addition to an aircraft panel.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Old August 1st 03, 02:03 AM
Paul A Gigl Jr

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
.com...

TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
you're referring too.

Ernest, try this link...

http://www.gadgetalert.com/cgi-bin/s...03073117570477

Old August 1st 03, 02:09 AM
Big John

Ernest

1. Go to site.
2. Enter "13HA04A" in the source code block.
3. When next page comes up search for "TH335" (cushion).

Reading description again and looking at picture, I think the 6 inches
is the back and bottom folded together dimension and the sitting
dimension is 3 inches (like the sheet you have????)

On compass. I don't know the technology they are using (It sticks to
the dash???) Also not sure how it detects ice unless it compares temp
and dew point but in the car/cockpit it could not tell what is
outside???

As you can see, I double posted original post. My computer posted
while I was typing the first time and I couldn't find so sent again.
Now see both posts ( Sorry about that.

Big John

Old August 1st 03, 02:22 AM
Big John

Ernest

Which compass do you mean?

TM337(337Y)
TE817
TE326

As a general rule, I don't fool with these type of compasses from long
experience (they don't work good) compared to a Aircraft compass. I'd
hate to bet my life on one (

Old August 1st 03, 02:59 AM
Morgans

"Big John" wrote in message
Ernest

1. Go to site.
2. Enter "13HA04A" in the source code block.
3. When next page comes up search for "TH335" (cushion).

Reading description again and looking at picture, I think the 6 inches
is the back and bottom folded together dimension and the sitting
dimension is 3 inches (like the sheet you have????)

On compass. I don't know the technology they are using (It sticks to
the dash???) Also not sure how it detects ice unless it compares temp
and dew point but in the car/cockpit it could not tell what is
outside???

As you can see, I double posted original post. My computer posted
while I was typing the first time and I couldn't find so sent again.
Now see both posts ( Sorry about that.

Big John

Many OEM compass/temp units in cars, just have a preset that tells the ice
light to come on whenever the temp falls to, say 35 degrees.

My take is that this unit would only be good to satisfy the compass
requirement in the regs.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 1st 03, 03:35 AM
Ernest Christley

Morgans wrote:

Many OEM compass/temp units in cars, just have a preset that tells the ice
light to come on whenever the temp falls to, say 35 degrees.

My take is that this unit would only be good to satisfy the compass
requirement in the regs.

I agree. But it does look nice, and the extra temp sensors couldn't hurt.

FWIW, I don't plan on ever flying where I'll need anything other than a
sectional for navigation. My goal is to make even the compass
extraneous. (Will it happen? Naah. But we've all gotta have goals
don't we.)
--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Old August 2nd 03, 07:28 AM
Barnyard BOb --

They had a cushion advertised:

TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

Big John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You misspelled.... MAMMARY. 8-D

Barnyard BOB - the strange netcop
Old August 2nd 03, 07:31 AM
Barnyard BOb --

TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

You short ones may want to look at it? ---

Big John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You misspelled... MAMMARY.

Barnyard BOb
Old August 2nd 03, 04:48 PM
Big John

BOb

Why did you send the same post twice? Did you forget you sent the
first time of did you want to be sure I found my typo (that passed
spell check)? G

Big John

Old August 2nd 03, 11:14 PM
Barnyard BOb --

BOb

Why did you send the same post twice? Did you forget you sent the
first time of did you want to be sure I found my typo (that passed
spell check)? G

Big John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wuz just tryin' to be cute, but....

1. The two posts are NOT identical.
2. "Mamory" fails my spell checker.

YMMV. 8-D

Barnyard BOb -

Used Strong 304 seat parachute dmayer Aerobatics 0 January 23rd 04 08:53 PM
Pitts Seat Mod Martin Morgan Aerobatics 0 November 21st 03 04:56 AM
Seat cushions Big John Home Built 3 July 31st 03 10:59 PM
DK-1 All Metal single seat biplane Michael Home Built 0 July 28th 03 05:16 PM
Seat Belt Age? BD5ER Home Built 2 July 7th 03 12:10 AM