Stensin

Old February 24th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

Default Stensin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stensin 4.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7360
Old February 24th 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll

"Russell" wrote in message
u...

It's "Stinson", not "Stensin".

Old February 24th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bobby Galvez

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Russell" wrote in message
u...

It's "Stinson", not "Stensin".

Yeah.

"Stensin" is the name of an aircraft carrier.

;-)

BobbyG

Old February 24th 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Harvie

Russell wrote:
I did a mistake and forgot to put in a subject it is of a stunningly
beautiful Stensin Reliant at a Busselton fly-in last week

Thank you Russell, Much appreciated.

Don H
Old February 24th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Price

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:38:05 -0600, Bobby Galvez wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Russell" wrote in message
u...

It's "Stinson", not "Stensin".

Yeah.

"Stensin" is the name of an aircraft carrier.

;-)

BobbyG

Sure your not talking about the Stennis ;-)
Nice pictures no matter what the typo's are!
John

Old February 24th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave[_10_]

Far be it for me to tel sum wun how to spel.

Old February 24th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave[_10_]

Nevertheless, great pix, thanx.
Old February 24th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

A real beauty.
Thanks for the pics Russell.

"Russell" wrote in message
u...

Old February 25th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Inglima

There is no such animal as a Stensin, but there were Stinson's and the
airplane in this picture is a pre WWII Stinson various models were built up
through the 108-3 series which was built from about 1947 to around 1949 or
so when the company was bought out by Piper Aircraft Company. Piper built a
few of them under their name and then stopped production.

One airplane Piper got in the acquisition was a airplane called the Twin
Stinson which piper developed into the Piper PA23 Apache which begat the
Aztec. These two airplanes were the genesis of Piper multiengine airplanes
and for many years were the backbone of the Piper multiengine fleet. There
are still a great many Aztecs still flying and quite a few Apaches.

Tom Inglima
"Russell" wrote in message
u...

Old February 25th 07, 11:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

Thanks Tom for the history. I wondered what happened to the company.

I am sorry for my typo I am truely humbled by sooooo meny pepl wo cn spel
properely an therefour must bee bettter peple dan me.

"Tom Inglima" wrote in message
There is no such animal as a Stensin, but there were Stinson's and the
airplane in this picture is a pre WWII Stinson various models were built
up through the 108-3 series which was built from about 1947 to around 1949
or so when the company was bought out by Piper Aircraft Company. Piper
built a few of them under their name and then stopped production.

One airplane Piper got in the acquisition was a airplane called the Twin
Stinson which piper developed into the Piper PA23 Apache which begat the
Aztec. These two airplanes were the genesis of Piper multiengine
airplanes and for many years were the backbone of the Piper multiengine
fleet. There are still a great many Aztecs still flying and quite a few
Apaches.

Tom Inglima
"Russell" wrote in message
u...