Abduction??

Old September 7th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
idurber

Default Abduction??

Hi, I'm a UK PPL holder with night and imc ratings with over 250hrs
logged and have twice seen moving objects in the skies of the UK which
I cannot explain. What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

I've seen the film 'Fire in the Sky', which apparently is based on a
true story? If Mr. Fossett turns up safe and well with no recollection
of his unexplained whereabouts, then maybe this could be worthy of
consideration and I personally remain open-minded about such
possibilities.

idurber.

Old September 7th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"idurber" wrote:
What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

Yes, if he forgot to wear his tinfoil hat.

I've seen the film 'Fire in the Sky', which apparently is based on a
true story? If Mr. Fossett turns up safe and well with no recollection
of his unexplained whereabouts, then maybe this could be worthy of
consideration and I personally remain open-minded about such
possibilities.

How about the possibility that he was raptured up by The Flying Spaghetti
Monster?

--
Dan

"Did you just have a stroke and not tell me?"
- Jiminy Glick

Old September 7th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

idurber wrote:
Hi, I'm a UK PPL holder with night and imc ratings with over 250hrs
logged and have twice seen moving objects in the skies of the UK which
I cannot explain. What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

I've seen the film 'Fire in the Sky', which apparently is based on a
true story? If Mr. Fossett turns up safe and well with no recollection
of his unexplained whereabouts, then maybe this could be worthy of
consideration and I personally remain open-minded about such
possibilities.

idurber.

Time to up your meds.

Old September 7th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

On Sep 7, 5:59 am, idurber wrote:
Hi, I'm a UK PPL holder with night and imc ratings with over 250hrs
logged and have twice seen moving objects in the skies of the UK which
I cannot explain.

You personally cannot explain them, therefore they must be aliens?

What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

If other people cannot explain what they saw, therefore it must have
been aliens? Good heavens, whatever happened to people's imagination?

I've seen the film 'Fire in the Sky', which apparently is based on a
true story? If Mr. Fossett turns up safe and well with no recollection
of his unexplained whereabouts, then maybe this could be worthy of
consideration and I personally remain open-minded about such
possibilities.

Open-minded does not mean what you think it means, apparently.

"Based on a true story" in Hollywood means just that: there may be one
character with the same name as an historical character and it will be
"based on a true story." All the events and people that the character
encounters will be pure fiction. You will note that at the end of the
movie credits is a disclaimer saying the account is fictional.

I am disturbed by the cavalier attitude many people are taking toward
the disappearance of Steve Fosset.

Look, the area of Nevada that they are searching is more than 1700
square miles of mountainous terrain. Do you have any concept of how
big that is? That is 4,403 square kilometers. That is nearly twice the
size of the country of Luxembourg. The whole area is a howling desert,
almost totally uninhabited except by cattle and the occasional cowboy.

Fossett is in serious trouble. He is a good and great man. Nothing is
being spared to find him. Looking for him is in itself a tough,
dangerous job. The last thing we need are the crackpots with theories
of aliens, as if he had mysteriously disappeared from his own
backyard.

Old September 7th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
the warlock society

idurber wrote:
Hi, I'm a UK PPL holder with night and imc ratings with over 250hrs
logged and have twice seen moving objects in the skies of the UK which
I cannot explain. What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

I've seen the film 'Fire in the Sky', which apparently is based on a
true story? If Mr. Fossett turns up safe and well with no recollection
of his unexplained whereabouts, then maybe this could be worthy of
consideration and I personally remain open-minded about such
possibilities.

idurber.

wanna see something scary? look at this dolt's profile (it explains
everything):

Location: Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
Title: Emergency Planning and H&S Advisor
Industry: Government

Old September 7th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

cjcampbell wrote:

"Based on a true story" in Hollywood means just that: there may be one
character with the same name as an historical character and it will be
"based on a true story." All the events and people that the character
encounters will be pure fiction. You will note that at the end of the
movie credits is a disclaimer saying the account is fictional.

"Based on a true story" doesn't even have to rise to that level of
"Truthiness" in Hollywood. I beleive there were some advertisments for the
movie "Urban Legend" that said, "Based on a true story" because it was based
on a story that was true in the sense that the writters didn't make up the
story that they were legends.

Old September 7th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
S Green

"idurber" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I'm a UK PPL holder with night and imc ratings with over 250hrs
logged and have twice seen moving objects in the skies of the UK which
I cannot explain. What with all the recorded sightings of UFO's across
the US, is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

Go see the medic and ask him these questions - maybe they will take you ppl
away

Old September 8th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:59:58 -0000, idurber wrote:

is it feasible that Steve Fossett has become the victim of an
abduction??

Did you come out backwards and blue?

--
Dallas
Old September 8th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Cjcampbell,

If other people cannot explain what they saw, therefore it must have
been aliens? Good heavens, whatever happened to people's imagination?

Hey, at least they went beyond simply imagining the existence of god,
the more common delusion.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 8th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote

Hey, at least they went beyond simply imagining the existence of god,
the more common delusion.

You poor, little man.
--
Jim in NC