A serious post

Old May 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A serious post

The ACRP (Airport Cooperative Research Program), which I'm sure many of you
are familiar with, has an RFP out to create a guidebook for managing GA
airports. (As you know, Skylune has long contended that many GA airports
are mismanaged, or try to operate in a bunker mentality -- ignoring the
nearby residents' and business's concerns. But what do I, the Troll know
about anything??? Anyway, if you are interested, check it out.)

http://www4.trb.org/trb/crp.nsf/c9d0...9?OpenDocument

Old May 30th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Which airports operate in a "bunker" mentality? Airports, like any
other entity that's managed by people, have their share of well-managed
and not-so-well-managed examples. Have you done research showing that
airports suffer more from mismanagement than, let's say, your local
retail clothing chain?

Marco

Old May 30th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

As you know, Skylune has long contended that many GA airports
are mismanaged, or try to operate in a bunker mentality -- ignoring the

nearby residents' and business's concerns

And what is this conclusion based on? Just your own personal
experience? That's hardly any basis for making a blanket statement such
as that. And, since when do you refer to yourself in the third person?

But what do I, the Troll know about anything???

I've been asking the same thing for quite a while now.

Old May 30th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
The ACRP (Airport Cooperative Research Program), which I'm sure many of

you
are familiar with,

Actually, I've never heard of them.

has an RFP out to create a guidebook for managing GA airports.

I wonder what their agenda is.

or try to operate in a bunker mentality

A bunker is a good place to be when you suddenly find yourself under attack.

Old May 30th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Skylune wrote:
The ACRP (Airport Cooperative Research Program), which I'm sure many of you
are familiar with, has an RFP out to create a guidebook for managing GA
airports. (As you know, Skylune has long contended that many GA airports
are mismanaged, or try to operate in a bunker mentality -- ignoring the
nearby residents' and business's concerns. But what do I, the Troll know
about anything??? Anyway, if you are interested, check it out.)

http://www4.trb.org/trb/crp.nsf/c9d0...9?OpenDocument

Is there any info on the budget or how much has been set aside for the
award of this proposal?

Monk

Old May 30th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Flyingmonk" May 30, 2006 at 09:42 AM

Is there any info on the budget or how much has been set aside for the
award of this proposal?

Monk

Its on the site. I think its $400K.

Old May 30th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...

Skylune wrote:
The ACRP (Airport Cooperative Research Program), which I'm sure many of
you
are familiar with, has an RFP out to create a guidebook for managing GA
airports. (As you know, Skylune has long contended that many GA airports
are mismanaged, or try to operate in a bunker mentality -- ignoring the
nearby residents' and business's concerns. But what do I, the Troll know
about anything??? Anyway, if you are interested, check it out.)

http://www4.trb.org/trb/crp.nsf/c9d0...9?OpenDocument

Is there any info on the budget or how much has been set aside for the
award of this proposal?

Monk

According to the link above Funds Available: $400,000

Old May 30th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

I wonder what their agenda is.

According to the web site the study is paid for by the FAA under the Vision
100-Century of Aviation Reauthorization Act. I see no reason to think there
is some evil motive?

Old May 31st 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

I wonder what their agenda is.

According to the web site the study is paid for by the FAA under the
Vision 100-Century of Aviation Reauthorization Act. I see no reason to
think there is some evil motive?

Well, unless you think spreading the pork....

Old May 31st 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Skylune wrote:
The ACRP (Airport Cooperative Research Program), which I'm sure many of
you
are familiar with, has an RFP out to create a guidebook for managing GA
airports. (As you know, Skylune has long contended that many GA airports
are mismanaged, or try to operate in a bunker mentality -- ignoring the
nearby residents' and business's concerns. But what do I, the Troll know
about anything??? Anyway, if you are interested, check it out.)

http://www4.trb.org/trb/crp.nsf/c9d0...9?OpenDocument

Is there any info on the budget or how much has been set aside for the
award of this proposal?

Monk

According to the link above Funds Available: $400,000

Thanks, that'd be worth looking into I suppose if I was knowledgable in
that field.

Monk