DG-101 - increase performance/sealing/winglets(?)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th 19, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default DG-101 - increase performance/sealing/winglets(?)

Op vrijdag 12 juli 2019 15:13:28 UTC+2 schreef Nick Hill:
On 12/07/2019 10:44, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:

Thanks! I will be contacting DG and SCT Terlet (where I bring my glider for ARC) for advice. I have seen some DG-100 with different wingtips than mine, wingtips more like the LS-4, with a very slight curve and narrowing to the end of the tip, where my DG's wingtips have some sort of block (about 1 inch) with a metal skid. Maybe it would be possible to replace these?

The different wingtip profile is an official DG mod covered by DG100 TN
301-20. See the DG website for info.

https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/mai...echnical-notes

--

Nick Hill

That's the tip I was looking for!
Since I'm going to a different trailer instead of my current home-built 30+ year old, I could mount the wings in a different way in my trailer instead of securing it with a hole in the skid.
Thank you!